Digital Content Producer
News 3 Now/Channel3000.com, Southern Wisconsin’s number one digital source for news, is looking for a storyteller to join our digital and social team. We’re looking for someone who thrives on a deadline, who can create and curate unique and meaningful stories, and who enjoys finding new ways to interact and listen to our audience.
News 3 Now produces more than 40 hours of television news a week, and we embrace coverage through our app, social, website, and streaming video channels resulting in a digital stronghold position in the market. The right candidate will innovate on digital and social channels. We expect our coverage to meet consumers where they are and connect with them in convenient ways.
You could do all of this while working for a family-owned company in one of America’s most livable cities. Madison is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family, one of the best college sports towns, and one of the best places to live, period.
Since 1890, Morgan Murphy Media has been committed to quality journalism. We’ve been honored to win five national Edward R. Murrow Awards from the RTDNA in the past five years, including the top prize for overall excellence in 2016. We are searching for someone that also has an expectation of excellence.
What you’ll do:
• Create relevant content, including web, mobile and social posts that create a deep and rich journalism experience for our audience.
• Work fast to win breaking news by monitoring scanners and social platforms, making beat calls, contacting sources, and dispatching crews quickly and efficiently.
• Innovate and experiment with the latest technology in digital. We’d love someone willing to share their ideas on how we can continue to be a leader on all emerging platforms including streaming and OTT services.
• Be a problem-solver when it comes to technical issues, production, and programming.
• Engage with a number of analytics and audience tools to help us listen to and understand our audience.
What you’ll bring:
• Strong experience writing for print using AP style.
• Basic knowledge of HTML.
• Experience producing video and audio for the web using desktop video software
• Familiarity with word processing software, and image editing software such as Photoshop and Canva.
• Strong command of journalism ethics and the tenets of professional journalism
• An open mind, attention to detail, and a passion for getting the facts right
• BA/BS in journalism or related field with online publishing or communications experience preferred
What News 3 Now/WISC-TV offers:
• We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture, and our community
• Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
Please visit our careers page to learn more and apply:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Station/Company Name : WISC/Morgan Murphy Media
Contact Name : Kate Doty
Contact Email : email@example.com
Location : Madison, WI
Application Information : Please visit our careers page to learn more and apply:
Expiration Date : 9/10/2021